27 Rock Road, Kentfield
Just Listed: $5,995,000
4 Bedrooms 3.5 Baths 4,080 Sq Ft .7438 Acre Lot
Private Kent Woodlands remodeled mid-century modern with clean contemporary lines, stunning views of Mt. Tamalpais and a swimming pool
Offering privacy, serenity, and some of the most spectacular south facing views of Mt. Tamalpais that exist in Marin County, this extraordinary remodeled Kent Woodlands mid-century modern with clean contemporary lines offers all-day sun, soaring high ceilings, an open floor plan, and exceptional indoor-outdoor flow. Wall to wall floor- to- ceiling windows and glass doors provide a perfect viewing of Mt. Tamalpais from every room. The 4 bedroom/3.5 bath home is an art collector’s dream with optimal gallery walls, wine room, multiple home office spaces, and an elegant media room/library. An expansive living room and dining area that functions as a great room enjoy jaw-dropping views of Mt. Tamalpais and open to the Connecticut Bluestone terrace and picturesque outdoor spaces.
The current owners have made extensive improvements since purchasing the home. The kitchen underwent an extensive renovation in 2019. The finest honed marble from a small quarry in Forti dei Marmi, Italy was used including a centerpiece center island with waterfall edges. The bedroom wing features three bedrooms, two with en-suite baths. The master bedroom suite is truly a private sanctuary and is located upstairs. This spacious suite has a private deck, corner windows, and 180-degree views of Mt. Tamalpais and the bay. The sublime spa-like master bath was remodeled in 2019 and is truly magazine-worthy. To complete the upstairs master level is an elegant media room/home office or possible gym.
The gardens were designed by the renowned landscape architect Patrick Whisler. They include a luxurious swimming pool and spa, level lawn, waterfall, semi-circular Connecticut Bluestone terraces with steel welded railings, numerous Japanese Maples and mature landscaping, vegetable beds, and white roses.
Only three minutes to town, easy access to some of the best hiking and biking trails in Marin County, and part of the award-winning Kentfield School District.
Features and Amenities
- 4 bedrooms/3.5 baths
- 4,080 square feet
- .7438 acre lot
- Swimming pool and extra-large spa with electronic cover
- Sweeping south facing views of Mt. Tamalpais and the Bay
- Towering ceilings with floor to ceiling windows and glass doors
- Open floor plan with optimal indoor-outdoor connection
- Beautiful views from every room in the house
- Expansive living room with Absolute black honed granite fireplace and dining area function as a great room
- Optimal gallery walls for art collectors
- Large bottle capacity wine room
- Designer light fixtures throughout including a Kelly Wearstler chandelier in the dining area
- Beautifully remodeled kitchen completed in 2019Fin
- Finest honed marble from a small Italian quarry in Forti de Marmiprivate
- Large center island with waterfall edges and bar seating for 5
- Designer Miele and Sub-Zero stainless appliances include two dishwashers
- Work/desk station with waterfall edge
- Two pantry closets
- Open family room connects to the kitchen and opens to the pool area
- The main level bedroom wing offers 3 bedrooms - 2 en-suite and one with a private deck
- The upstairs master suite is truly a sanctuary and worthy of a 5-star resort. Highlights include:
- A private balcony through glass sliding doors boasting 180-degree views
- Corner windows
- A large walk-in closet
- Spa-like master bath was remodeled in 2019 and includes marble floors, large walk-in marble shower with dual shower heads, dual sink vanity, free-standing soaking tub with idyllic corner windows to enjoy the view of Mt. Tam, water closet, designer hardware
- The private master level media room/home office or possible gym enjoys a fireplace, private deck, and custom built-ins
- Gardens designed by renowned landscape architect Patrick Whisler
- Attached two-car garage with Tesla charging station
- Near some of the best hiking and biking trails in Marin County, just 3 minutes to Woodlands Market and town.
- Award-winning Kentfield School District